By teaching the work never stops. However, if you burn, you stop if you are full. In this article, we will consider the difference between passionate work and work until it is bake.
The term "workaholic" is slightly overwhelmed and some wear it like an emblem, others use it This is an outrageous note, others try to hire people they describe themselves, others provide full counseling and counseling Practices around the concept. Since I am the person who likes work (and always has) and finds that work and work is not a mockery, I do not use the term workaholic. But burning this is what can happen in the doctrine, and that is what we want to prevent.
According to the title of the article, work is the job of the job, that is, all the attributes of addiction, And other people applaud … especially if they are the addictions of their dependence. Those who "applaud" include
- is the principal who knows he can ask at any time to take another committee (even if he has seven committees and working groups at school);
- your teachers who run the library and collect all the books that are designed for the next social sciences unit and that they all teach in classrooms;
- is the parents of your students who love the fact that they told them that they could call on their students every day on a day or night (or at weekends);
- people in church, mosque, synagogue or other places of worship who "count on you" to organize the phone tree every year when they are reinstated;
- neighbors who do not hesitate to ask for help, irrespective of the task (or the time involved); And so on
But there are those who do not applaud – because they are not the beneficiaries but rather their working environment when they are "burning":
- your own family, immediate or extended;
- for your students who receive short attention or short assurance in the short working environment;
- is your body, mind, and soul because a workaholic has no time to focus on personal needs or downtime. Long-term pay, which will be paid for neglect, is almost unpredictable.
If you work with passion and professionalism, ie your commitment, leadership, creativity, knowledge base, commitment, and sense of mission, it differentiates the lives of others every day – and is met. However, teaching at this high level requires that we take a little "down" here and there and focus on teaching another aspect of our life. It requires that we add to our own needs – physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually – that we are full of "full" and able to feel and learn about our work.
If you are neglecting your self-care, you will be tired, embarrassed, hungry, empty, and emotionally tired after a long time. And he soon experienced the signs of burning. If it does not change quickly, it can become a virtually permanent state – and it's sad and a loss that the profession can not afford.
When teachers are healthy – physically, emotionally and mentally – they can better serve those around them. If necessary, stop thinking if you think that job work (eg day and day work of exhaustion, week and week, within the year …) is normal behavior. Your students will admire and love them as their lively teachers. When and when it's burned, you do not get the best in the classroom – or anywhere else. Stop now, as you know.
Source by Meggin McIntosh