The tenure of life safely with Thatch
Living under such a roofing roof does not mean you can not enjoy the fun and warmth of an open fire, grill or wood stove. This is because when you follow some common sense guidelines, a safe fire in the roofed building is always guaranteed. But more on this later!
Apartments with a reed roof have statistically likely not to catch it as the more traditional roofs. But if a roof is lit, the result is a quick and spectacular burning that destroys everything. To prevent fire, these 10 simple precautions must always be followed:
Fire prevention in building
• Fires over 90 % is caused by chimney sparks. To avoid this, make sure that the chimney is cleaned regularly to prevent soot.
• Always ensure that the top of the stack is over five meters above the roof. This allows the sparks to escape and die before they settle in any part of the roof structure.
• Be sure to check the chimney regularly to ensure that the brick and mortar are in good condition. Particular attention must be paid to the brick wall passing through the nose.
• Always install an insulated liner where the chimney canal passes through the roof.
• When installing the wood-burning stove in the enclosed residential area, it must be ensured that only qualified personnel carry out work with such characteristics.
• Always install the smoke detector to keep the flue gas temperature in mind. If the temperature rises high, it can take away the fire before the problem arises.
• Never burn moist or odorless wood in a stove, fireplace or grill as this leaves larger bedding in the chimney.
• Electric wires become parts of everyday life, but if they are found in the roof-top of a reed building, they are electricians at regular intervals. Man should also check his roof for signs of mice or other pests, as these small but devastating animals can cause damage to electrical wires, which can cause short circuits in the wires and ignite in the roof.
• Always locate at least one smoke detector and appropriate fire extinguishers for the building. Fire extinguishers for this type of roofing are required.
Source by Justin K. Atkins