Sterling silver and rhodium jewelry – for jewelry care

Overview of Sterling Silver Jewelry

Silver in all glossy appearances ruled by gold besides more than 6,000 years of " Queen of precious metals ". However, silver heirs all contain silver, along with its inner beauty, value and durability, which provided one of the places of historical books as one of the most popular media outlets for personal attire.

Such as sterling silver jewelry should be done, eyes on the future. Like all precious metals, the silver value of sterling increases over time, and one day your jewelery can become an inexplicable family inheritance, so after care you can only pay dividends in the future. However, to understand the proper care and maintenance of sterile silver jewelry, you should first look at sterling silver background. Both silver and silver precious metals, both of which are closely related but not the same. Pure silver is rather soft, so it will not keep its shape; This is a more durable form of highly formatted and shiny metal that has given its wear-resistant properties to the often worn jewelery.

Sterling silver 92.5 percent silver; The remaining 7.5 percent consists of alloys, usually copper or zinc. Sterling silver agonizes, this is the reaction between silver and sulfur-containing oxygen particles. The following guide gives you some useful tips to keep sterile silver jewelery in the position you want for future generations. In a dark, cool place away from direct sunlight or other extreme heat sources, such as radiators.

Storage (19459003)

A perfect place in a jewelry box in your clothes.

Sterling silver jewelry, like all jewels, should be stored separately in a separate compartment in a jewel box or in its own soft case. If this does not happen, it will eventually scratch or break if there are jewels of gemstones.

Never store sterile silver jewelery on paper, cardboard or cotton-filled boxes as they contain sulfur trace elements. For best results, place the items in a sealed, airtight plastic bag or jeweler's sulfur-free fabric before boxing and packing.

Cleansing and Polishing

It creates a soft patina caused by silver "Oxidation", resulting in an "antique" look where clouds accumulate in fine detail, The sterling silver jewelry gives a beautifully unique breath. You may not be able to evaluate this aspect; You should consider this before trying any of your jewelery cleansing attempts.

The best way to preserve and encourage the broken "antique" appearance in sterling silver jewelry without cleaning the jewel with water and not wearing the jewel in the shower or the bath.

The best way to prevent tarnish from wearing sterling silver jewelery is as often as possible. To its former glory warm water with mild soap, rinsing, then thoroughly dried with fine soft cloth.

Use a soft cloth, similar to the glasses with a lightweight stroke to clean the wider surface and cotton buds or Q tips. Hard corners.

Never use fabrics or hard brushes, including toothbrushes, when cleaning sterile silver or polishing because of scratches. This is especially important if there are gems such as beads that are mounted on your jewels.

Polishing is done quickly and all Polish marks have to be removed. Traces left behind with polished can overwhelm the design with clogged engraved areas.

These silver pastes, treated polishing materials, or other silver cleaning agents should be used by a local jeweler, especially when they are. Because these chemicals can destroy them.

Dos & Don

Always take sterling silver jewelery before using soap solution, skin creams and swimming in chlorinated or salt water.

Never wear your jewelry when using detergents, bleach, ammonia or alcohol; These chemicals do not cause discoloration, damage, and loose gemstones. Never use ultrasonic cleaning agents, ammonia or any chemical solution for the opaque gemstones such as turquoise, malachite, onyx, lapis lazuli and opaline.

. Porous stone and absorbs chemicals that are created inside the stone and cause discoloration. Simply wipe them gently with a damp, soft cloth until clear.

Some sterling silver jewelery are decorated with rhodium; It's designed to keep your jewels resistant. Treatment of rhodium-plated sterling silver jewelery requires a different approach than silver-plated jewelry.

Clean with a soft polishing cloth or fine cleanser, but never use chemical based silver cleaning agents as this may damage rhodium To finish and embellish precious gems.

If you have antique sterling silver jewelery or rhodium plated sterling silver jewelery, we encourage you to seek expert advice from your local jeweler who will be able to make jewelry Cleaners in your area.

Copyright © SilverShake Corporation. All rights reserved.

Source by David-John Turner

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *