"I can only wear gold jewelry" – The Jewelery Allergy Truth

I can only wear gold jewelry, everything else breaks. " How many times have I heard this exact phrase from my mother when I was a child whenever I gave her jewelry, that was her answer. Why is gold suppressing my mother only? I decided to find out that I wanted a mother to wear jewelry without fear, and now I'm going to let go of what I've discovered. Like a lot of people, my mother is exposed to contact dermatitis when her skin comes in contact with some jewelery. Allergic reactions caused by a dermatitis to nickel found in many jewels Nickel allergies are very common, in fact every seven people suffer from a nickel allergy, they are more likely to suffer from nickel allergy in men than men. after man remains sensitive to nickel their backs

Nickel is found in many jewelery boxes, especially in mass production. Perhaps you can find it in other everyday things, such as coins, zippers, spectacle frames and mobile phones. So why is my mother allergic to nickel? For some reason, which science still does not understand, his body is a false nickel (or similar metals like cobalt) as a threat. In response to this threat, her body causes an immune response (aka allergic reaction) to get rid of the threat. This reaction causes itchy skin rash. But others could react more seriously to nickel. Now that I knew what caused my mother to break, I started to find out which jewelry did not contain nickel.

I looked at gold jewelery . Generally speaking, yellow gold (above 14 carats) does not cause an allergic reaction. However, it can be white gold. White gold alloys contain nickel and other "white" metals for silver coloring. One in nine people responds to nickel white gold. Another form of gold jewelry is the gold filled or the "GF" jewel. Gold filled jewel metal is created when the base metal is coated with gold. Loading gold is different depending on the amount of gold. The gold-filled jewelery layer is typically 50 to 100 times thicker than the layer used to coat gilted products.

I looked at the next silver jewelery. For those who are nickel sensitive, fine silver and silver are a great choice for "white" metals. Fine silver is defined as 99.9% pure silver. Jewelry is generally not made of fine silver because the metal is extremely soft and does not withstand the usual wear.

Most of the silver jewelery is made of sterling silver. The sterling silver is defined as 92.5% pure silver. In most cases, the remaining 7.5% copper is copper. The copper infusion will repair silver and make it more durable. I make this type of silver in my jewelry design, it is a big metal nickel allergic people. Sometimes you can distinguish sterling silver from a "925" mark on jewelery. This is customary for manufactured pieces, but not necessarily on handmade jewelery. Some other metals that can be safely considered to be nickel-allergic patients: Copper jars are generally regarded as pure and do not mix with nickel or nickel alloys. Platinum – Platinum jewelry contains 95% platinum and 5% secondary metal, typically iridium. ] Titanium – Titanium jewelry are hypoallergenic and durable. This is a highly recommended metal for those who suffer from nickel allergies.

Niobium – This is a relatively new metal in the jewelery industry. This is a rare earth metal that can be anodized (naturally with beautiful colors). Like titanium, this metal is recommended for nickel-allergic patients, especially those who are looking for pop colors.

After giving you a list of safe metals, I thought you were careful when buying jewelery. Fashion or costume jewelry typically have precious metals that contain nickel. Sometimes these metals are coated; however, the application will wear out over time and release the skin to the base metals. If you choose a metal plate, remember to regularly wrap it up.

Some claim that brass is hypoallergenic. However, my research suggested that brass sometimes combined with a small amount of nickel or even metal reinforcement.

German silver or nickel silver is a metal that keeps the jewelry away. German silver does not contain silver. Silver refers to silver coloring of metal. The color comes from a combination of nickel, zinc, lead and tin inside the alloy.

Surgical or Stainless Steel – Surgical grade stainless steel is found in the human body. However, the steel alloy contains eight and twelve percent nickel. I've heard different reports about whether this metal is safe with nickel allergy. Since the steel alloy contains nickel, I would tend to avoid it but some swear.

If you buy jewelry and are concerned that it may contain nickel, commercial test kits are available online. These kits contain chemicals that react in the presence of nickel

Some research can be prevented from attacking nickel allergy and yet allow them to wear beautiful jewelery

Source by April Williams

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *