Thailand was the first tourist destination outside Europe and North America. Based on the wise advice of my friends in Thailand, I was confident that this paradise vacation would be ridiculous. However, when I arrived home, it turned out too late to spend almost as much money as one of the regular European waves during my little Thai adventure. If I knew that careful planning of traveling in Thailand could be a huge savings. The following list contains some solid tips that can help novice visitors in Thailand save significant amounts of cash and enjoy their holiday
1. Seasonal Choice. Traveling to the islands in the low season can save up to 25% on accommodation costs (up to $ 25 / night if you choose a high-quality, non-luxury hotel). Like other locations in the world that work seasonally; there is a significant price fluctuation between the seasons. It is no less important that the weather in Thailand is pleasant even in the low season. Temperatures & # 39; the difference between "hot season" and "peak season" is minimal and only a mild occasional rain occurs during the "wet season". Therefore, you can reduce your accommodation costs in Thailand, avoiding peak times without paying for the unbearable cold suffering or infinite monsoon.
2. Transport. Traveling from Bangkok to its final destination by train or bus to save the airports on one of the southern islands can save you up to $ 80. You can save the package when you arrive at Bangkok International Airport in the evening. In this case, in addition to the difference between the relatively expensive ticket and the train or bus ticket, we also pay the first night's accommodation ($ 40-100 bungalow / night high standard – no luxury accommodation).
3. Food. In western-style countries, the more you pay for dinner, the better, so that everyone can make a personal decision on the right cost-benefit balance. In Thailand and especially in the south islands is much easier: in most cases, the cheaper the better. The expensive restaurants in the islands of Thailand usually specialize in Western dishes, which are either authentic, authentic and not tasty; a standard dinner for $ 10- $ 30 in such a restaurant. Alternatively, in a cheap restaurant with plastic chairs, dinner is $ 3 – $ 8 and is usually delicious and authentic. The most disappointing Thai dinner served in a fantastic restaurant in Bangkok and paid $ 120 for a couple where my best dinner was served in a cheap family restaurant in Koh Phangan. The owner, a young mother named Mam, made the meal exactly as she wanted us to pay $ 5-6.
Air Conditioning The presence of air conditioning in the room can make a huge difference in the price of accommodation. For example, in the same resort, the same room rate may vary between $ 15 and $ 30 for a fan-operated bungalow for $ 40-100 for an air-conditioned bungalow. Although choosing an air-conditioned room in the warm season (such as March-April) is crucial if you are visiting the rainy season in southern Thailand – the fan bungalow can satisfy your needs and costs more than half.
5. Choosing a Place As with the principle that is held in most parts of the world, accommodation in Thailand depends on the choice of location. Located on the central beach, close to the airport or seaport, full of nightlife, the bungalow is likely to be twice as expensive as a distant quiet beach. However, accessibility is a problem on the islands of Thailand, and taxi and taxi fares operate with the same capital as accommodation rates. So there is a rule that you can accept: if you are looking for social activities and busy night life – stay near the airport or seaport; otherwise you have to make a little effort and move after entering the distant beach. This will save you up to 60% on your stay.
6. Communication There will probably be no full shock, but using a mobile phone outside of Thailand can be very expensive. To save on communication costs, you can also purchase a local mobile phone with a prepaid SIM card or use the features of Telephone and Internet Centers. Please note that the costs of these services may vary. As usual, if you call the resort's office abroad – it will be more expensive than using a call center in the city. The cheapest solution is likely to give your phone number to your friends or relatives overseas, as each call center has a phone number that can be called back.
7. Price Negotiations Negotiation at Thailand's tourist locations is a necessity or a lifestyle. Similarly, the price agreement is also acceptable in less tourist islands and areas. Just try it – in Thailand the price negotiation is not considered an embarrassing behavior, so there's nothing to lose.
8. Psychology Though in Thailand everything feels cheaper than in your own country, don't be fooled by seemingly low prices and cost control. Buying expensive, cheap stuff can really lead to a surprisingly large amount of money.
Last time I visited Thailand, I followed these guidelines permanently, and I'm glad to know that budget travel in Thailand is more than an economic issue, it can be enjoyable. Interestingly, the less you spend in Thailand – the closer you get to the local authentic experience.
Source by Ella Evans