Adopting a Child in Thailand

What is Adoption?

"Adoption is the act of placing a child with a parent or parents who do not belong. adoptive parent (s). "


Foreigners residing in Thailand who can prove their jurisdiction and policy may file an application if they are domiciled.

Foreigners who are temporarily residing in Thailand and work permit of the Ministry of Labor of the Ministry of Labor and at least six months prior to submitting the application the application may be filed with the necessary document, which is with the embassy or consular post. Thailand.

Eligible Applicant

The applicant contacts the competent social welfare authority in their country, such as the social welfare (competent authority) or non-social institutions. Governmental Child Welfare Organization, authorized by their government to handle the matter as follows;

1. The domestic study report should deal with life and family, as well as with the interior and exterior of the house.

2. A statement of approval issued by the competent authority or, where applicable, the responsible authority, confirming that applicants are eligible for admission and in all respects suitable for adoptive parents.

3. Declaration by the competent authority to supervise the adoption of the child, if such placement is provided to applicants and a report to DSDW every three months. The pre-adoption period is a trial period of at least six months.

4. Application Form for Child Admission

5. Copy of passport or related document. Proof of residence.

6. Copy of the marriage certificate (If there is a previous marriage, please attach the divorce, the marriage certificate is longer than six months)

7. Good physical health indication of medical certificate and mental stability.

8. Document proving occupation and income.

9. Present Financial Statement (up to six months)

10. Documentary evidence of assets

11. Four photos of the applicant and spouse (if any size 4 , 5 x 6 cm, applicants, children and home area (up to six months photo).

13. The competent authorities of the place of residence or of the country of residence have a copy of the law, decree or document certifying the unlawful right of the adopted child to enter such country. with their immigration authority on an entry visa for a child

[1945] 9002] 14. Approval letter from applicants for approval, approval of spouse or court instead of spouse's consent (if any)

15. Copy of work permit for foreign and work contract.

16. References that demonstrate the suitability of applicants for at least two persons for adoption.

17. Criminal record (from the country of residence and country of residence)

18. Confirmation by the competent authority or authority concerned that it will be finalized under Thai law after acceptance. legalized according to the law of the applicants; country.

Referring to Figs. No. All the necessary documents are certified by the Royal Thai Embassy or Consulate in the country. English documents must be accompanied by English or Thai translation and translated and certified by an authorized translator. In the case of a claimant residing in a country other than the country of residence, the document certifying such a reserve and a period of at least six months for the care of the child before adoption.

Parents of the Accepted Child

Submit the following documents:

1. Identification of the child's parents. 2. Policy 3. Marriage certificate. 4. The divorce declaration and the divorce agreement for childcare or court order. 5. If the child's father and mother are not married and cannot find the father, the official will hear the mother with 2 witnesses and certify that:

5.1. the mother of the child did not register her marriage. 5.2 The father did not register the child and separated him. 5.3 There is no judgment that the father is a legal parent. 5.4 It is not possible to find the child's father to sign the contribution.

6. Authorized consent 7. Father's consent 8. Photographs and families of father, mother and 4.5 x 6 cm children 9. Other relevant documents such as death certificate, name change certificate, etc. .

t 5 x 6 cm

4. Consent of the Approved Child

5. Other relevant document.


2. An official of the Authority shall submit the assessment to the Management Board and inform applicants through the competent authority whether or not future parents are approved.

3. If the adoption request is processed through authorized agencies, DSDW is entitled to review and investigate the child's background in order to confirm that the child is legally available to Inter-Country for adoption.

4. In the event that future parents accept the child, the case should be referred to the Childcare Board and the Director General of DSDW for approval of the pre-acceptance placement in Thailand or on board. In the event that prospective adoptive parents reside on board, the case should accordingly be submitted to the Minister of Social Development and Human Security to obtain permission for the child to be removed from Thailand.

5. Following approval of the pre-acceptance placement, DSDW declares that the prospective parents will be heard by the Childcare Board and will issue the child's travel document. The prospective parents have at least 6 months of probation.

6. After six months of trial, 3 home study reports are completed. The Authority's official submits a summary report to the Childcare Board for approval.

7. DSDW notifies the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the matter. Prospective parents can register at the Thai Embassy or the Thai Consulate. In the event that the prospective parent resides in Thailand, they may register the adoption in the district office.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs sends a reception request to DSDW to confirm that this case has been completed.

The basic requirements for a prospective parent (s) are:

They have legal qualifications to accept their child under the law of their own country:

] The applicant is over 25 years old. Be at least 15 years older than your child. The adopted child must be over 15 years of age. If the adopted child is a minor, the consent of both parents is required. If the mother or father passes, she must accept. In the absence of an opponent, the legal representative or the prosecutor asks for permission from the court. The spouse's consent.

Thailand falls under the Hague Convention of 1 May 1995 on international acceptance.

Source by Sebastian Brousseau

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *